Tuesday 15 March 2011

New British Deadlift Champion

Arram Eghoyan has added the English dead lifting title to his impressive power lifting record, pulling 250kg in the 90kilo class.


The 27 year old from Redbridge saw off the competition with his impressive lifting. Arram said ‘I had more in the tank, but did what I needed to do to win”.

The champion differed from his usual sumo stance and adopted a more orthodox stance for this competition. A stepping-stone for plans to compete in strong man competitions this year, this was an opportunity for Arram to practice lifting in this stance. Many strong man competitions don't allow the sumo stance so it has been an important choice for Arram to adopt the orthodox stance to competitions.

His sites are now set on the South of England’s Strongest Man competition, which is held in Portsmouth in April. If he succeeds in this event he’ll qualify for the England’s Strongest Man under 90Kg.

Arram said he’s been training extremely hard to achieve some good goals this year. “I train 4 days a week and always cycle my training to ensure my strength peaks at the correct time, so the weights and exercises vary. I pretty much stick to the basics though, I rarely do isolation work”.

Arram’s nutrition is also a major part of his success and his sponsors, NRGFUEL, support him. “I take muscle building TTP anabolic which gives me everything I need to fuel my training, it’s greatly improved my recovery between sessions and my strength has gone up significantly since taking it!
Before big sessions I'll take a pre-workout drink to give me the energy and focus I need to set personal bests.


I also, use the NRGFUEL protein flapjacks as snacks between meals, they are by far the tastiest protein bar or flapjack I've come across”

No comments:

Post a Comment